In the unique post-Covid business world we live in, team building is essential. It’s how teams learn to trust and rely on one another, which can lead to better communication, more efficient workflows, and happier workplace culture.
But what about outside of the business world? Does team building have any benefits for individuals in their personal lives?
The answer is a resounding yes. In fact, studies have shown that team building has many benefits for both individuals and the groups they are part of. Let’s take a closer look at why team building boosts happiness, culture, and revenue.
Team Building Boosts Happiness Because It Builds Trust and Reliance Within a Group
Let’s not forget, we are social beings! People who work together in a team are happier. This is because when people trust each other and rely on each other, it makes it easier for them to cooperate and get along. When you have a sense of identity and purpose within a group, it makes you feel more connected to everyone else.
And when you share experiences together, it strengthens your relationships. But the best part is that when you face challenges together, it makes your team stronger. So, if you're feeling unhappy at work, try joining or forming a team!
- Trust is essential for humans to cooperate and work together. Since we are social animals, it's important for us to feel like we can rely on others. And when we have that trust, it makes cooperating a lot easier.
- Team building creates a sense of identity and purpose within a group. When you have a shared goal, it gives you something to work towards together. And when you feel like you're part of a team, it makes you feel more connected to the people you're working with.
- Shared experiences strengthen relationships. When you go through something together, it bonds you. And when you have strong relationships, it makes working together a lot more enjoyable.
- Challenges faced together make teams stronger. If you can overcome obstacles as a team, it builds trust and reliance. And when you're faced with tough times, it's good to know that you have a team to support you.
- People who feel supported by their team are happier. When you feel like your team has your back, it makes you feel more secure. And when you feel secure, it's easier to be happy.
So if you're looking for ways to be happier at work, try building trust and forming bonds with your coworkers. It'll make cooperation a lot easier and working together more enjoyable.
Team Building Also Boosts Workplace Culture
When it comes to the workplace, culture is everything. Positive workplace culture can make employees feel happy and engaged, and lead to better overall productivity. So it's no surprise that team building activities are one of the best ways to boost workplace culture.
According to a study by the National Nursing Staff Development Organization, team building activities can improve communication, cooperation, and job satisfaction. They can also reduce stress levels and increase trust between employees.
In another study, researchers found that team building activities can lead to increased creativity and innovation in the workplace. So if you're looking for ways to make your workplace more creative and productive, try implementing some team building activities.
Some of the many ways in which team building can boost workplace culture include:
- A stronger sense of team spirit and camaraderie among employees: When employees feel like they are part of a team and working together towards common goals, they are more likely to be happier and more productive at work.
- Improved communication and collaboration: Team-building activities can help employees learn to communicate and collaborate more effectively with each other. This can lead to better decision-making and problem-solving in the workplace.
- Increased trust and respect: When employees feel like they can trust and respect each other, it creates a more positive work environment.
- Boosted morale: Team building can help boost employee morale by making them feel appreciated and valued. This can lead to increased productivity and engagement in the workplace.
Finally, Team Building Can Also Boost Revenue
When employees are happy and engaged, they are more likely to be productive. And when employees are productive, it leads to increased revenue for businesses. In fact, a study by the Harvard Business Review found that companies with high-performing teams can see up to a 19% increase in revenue.
Here are a few reasons which lead to increased revenue:
- Increased productivity: When employees are happy and working well together, they are more productive. This leads to increased revenue for businesses. For example, during a team-building exercise, employees might come up with new and more efficient ways to work.
- Improved communication: Communication is key in any workplace. When employees are able to communicate effectively, it leads to increased productivity and ultimately, increased revenue.
- Lower turnover rates: When employees are happy and engaged, they are less likely to leave the company. This saves businesses money in the long run, as they don’t have to constantly train new employees.
- Better customer service: When employees are working well together, they can provide better customer service. This leads to repeat customers and increased revenue.
Thus, it is evident that team building can have a positive impact on a business’ bottom line.
The Bottom Line
Team building is a great way to boost workplace culture and improve productivity. It can also lead to increased revenue for businesses. So if you’re looking for ways to make your workplace more positive and productive, try implementing some team-building activities.
It's easier to be happy when you trust and feel bonded with your coworkers. Facilitating team building activities at work can help create a more positive workplace environment and lead to increased productivity.
Employees feel happier and more engaged when they are part of a team, working towards common goals. This leads to improved communication and collaboration, as well as increased trust and respect between employees. All of these factors contribute to a more positive workplace culture and increased productivity.
If you're looking to improve your workplace productivity and culture, try implementing some team building activities with Onigo. Our online platform makes it easy to get started, and we have a variety of exercises to choose from. With Onigo, you can create a more positive and productive work environment for your team.